For many years the Buildequip team has strived to handle your orders, for the hiring of equipment, efficiently and promptly. Your satisfaction has been both our business and our moral commitment.
The following is to be adopted and adhered to when hiring equipment from Buildequip.
- CONDITIONS OF HIRE - Our conditions of hire appear on our “TRADE APPLICATION” form, on the back of our hire contract as well as on the back of our delivery note. Copies are available on request.
- All documentation will be taken as binding at all times.
- Please acquaint yourself with the conditions of hire, as it will govern our agreement with you.
- CHECKING AND SIGNING FOR EQUIPMENT
- All relevant documents pertaining to equipment movement must be signed (Signature, Name and Date) by yourself or your responsible representative.
- A signature of acceptance at the delivery or return address or on the quotation shall be deemed to be that of the hirer or his/her/its duly authorized representative and the representative shall be deemed to have signing powers.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that all equipment delivered/collected or returned, is checked (quantity and condition) by you or your representative with our driver/checker before signing acceptance. Any discrepancy must be noted on Buildequip documents only.
Yard Order - Contract (Cash Customers) or Delivery Note (Account Customers)
Return Source Document - Collection/Return Note
NB: ONCE EQUIPMENT HAS BEEN DISPATCHED FROM OUR YARD, OR OFFLOADED FROM OUR VEHICLE, FULL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL EQUIPMENT IS TRANSFERRED TO YOU THE CUSTOMER.
- No equipment will be off-loaded if you or your representative is not present for checking and signing.
- Labour must be supplied by you for off-loading.
- Accessible, adequate space must be provided at your premises/site.
- Hire charges commence from date of delivery.
- All collection requests must be done in writing either by fax or email. Specifying either “Part of Collection” or “Clear Site”.
- If fax or email facilities are not available and notification to collect is done via phone always request an “OFF HIRE” number from Buildequip as reference that your collection request has been received.
- If we are not in possession of your fax or email, it will be deemed that no collection was ever requested unless you can provide us with the off-hire number.
- In the unlikely event of a collection not been done, further written requests must be made within 48 hours.
- The latter is extremely important to remember, as equipment remains on hire until it is returned to the Buildequip yard.
- You or your representative must be present to check and sign for the equipment collected, should you or your representative not be present Buildequip will not be responsible for any shortfall.
- Once an order for collection is placed, a minimum of 3 working days must be allowed for.
- Equipment for collection must be stripped, neatly stacked in an accessible place maximum 10 meters from where our vehicle can safely park.
- Equipment must be returned in the same condition, in which it was received, i.e. intact, clean and oiled.
- Labour must be supplied by yourself for loading.
- All equipment collected is subject to re-checking in our yard.
- Customers who supply labour to load/off-load, will get preference in our yard
- ORDER SUPPLY PERIOD:
- “LEAD TIME” is required when ordering fast moving (IN/OUT) equipment.
- The following “LEAD TIMES” are to be allowed for.
Machinery and Power Tools +- 1 to 2 days lead time (depending on availability)
Scaffolding, Support work, decking, formwork +- 1 week lead time (depending on availability)
NOTE: ANY CLAIMS AGAINST OUR COMPANY DUE TO MATERIALS NOT BEING AVAILABLE OR NOT DELIVERED ON TIME WILL NOT BE VALID. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU ARRANGE YOUR OWN TRANSPORT IN ORDER TO MEET YOUR TIMEOUS DELIVERY REQUIREMENTS.
- YOUR ORDER:
- Must either, mention our quotation number or specify the quantity and equipment required and be signed by a responsible person.
- When collecting the equipment you must produce your official order or it may be faxed when you require equipment to be delivered.
- RECORDING EQUIPMENT ON SITE:
- Our collection/return note will specify the quantity on site per contract/delivery ticket number. The returned quantity will be noted on the collection/return note as well as equipment returned dirty or damaged. If equipment is lost the quantity lost may be noted on the collection/return note.
- CARE AND SECURITY OF EQUIPMENT:
- Please ensure that your personnel do no drop or damage any equipment and that all equipment is kept clean, stacked properly and kept away from loose soil when not in use. This will minimize potential loss or damage to the equipment.
- Care should be given to SECURITY on your site to avoid pilferage. Equipment lost on site will affect a sale-by-loss invoice and replacement for NEW equipment will be debited to your account.
- SUNDRY CHARGES:
- Hire equipment is supplied in good condition and it should be returned in the same manner.
- Cleaning charges will be applicable for equipment returned dirty i.e. contaminated with concrete, etc.
- In the unlikely event that equipment is delivered to site in an unsatisfactory condition, you are to notify our sales representative immediately.
- Any costs incurred in re-instating equipment to its original condition will be for your account.
- EQUIPMENT DAMAGED BEYOND REPAIR:
- Equipment will be scrapped and you will be debited for the replacement.
- MOVEMENT OF EQUIPMENT FROM ORIGINAL SITE:
- Equipment hired for a particular site may not be transferred to another site without notifying Buildequip in WRITING.
- In the event of movement to another site, equipment will be off-hired and a new order must be given for the equipment transferred.
- On receipt of the above a “COLLECTION/RETURN NOTE” will be issued against the old site and a “DELIVERY NOTE”, noting your order for moving the equipment to the new site.
- LOST EQUIPMENT AND/OR SHORT-RETURNED EQUIPMENT
- If equipment is lost and/or short returned, then a sale by loss invoice will be raised and debited to your account. Hire charges will continue until an official order number or written confirmation informing us of the loss and/or short return has been received.
- The sale by loss does not necessarily imply that accrued hire charges will be credited.
- HIRE INVOICE:
- Buildequip C.C. shall submit to the Customer at the end of each month, an invoice setting out the hire charges payable for the hire of Equipment in respect of that month, or part thereof, as the case may be.
- RECEIVING OF EQUIPMENT
- Should no written notification of errors be received within 7 days from the date of collection/delivery, the order received will be deemed correct and accepted in all respects.
- All notification should be marked for the attention “THE MANAGER”.
- DESIGN OF FORMWORK/SUPPORTWORK:
- It is the customers responsibility to ensure that all relevant designs and quantities are correct and in accordance with your requirements. Any additional equipment required, over and above the original designed equipment will be for your account.
PHONE NOW! 021 948 8127 (All Areas Western Cape)
Monday to Friday 07h30 to 17h30
Saturday 08h00 to 13h00
Public Holidays Closed