The Rammer Compactor can compact all types of soil in medium and deep layers, in trenches, foundations, backfills etc. It is ideal for compaction work in confined areas and where high compaction density is required.
- Fuel: Unleaded Petrol
- Plate Size: 280 x 330mm
- Size: 690(L) x 400(W) x 1115mm(H)
- Impact Force: 14kn per blow
- Weight: 72kg
Consumables sold and other equipment normally on hire with this product
- Unleaded Petrol
- The thickness of the layer to be compacted should be approx. 300mm but no less than 150mm.
- Make sure material is slightly moist, avoid over compaction.
- Always run the machine at full speed when doing work to avoid clutch from slipping.
- Keep fuel tank above half full at all times to avoid air entering in the fuel line.
- Do not operate rammer compactors or any gasoline-powered machines inside a building or other enclosed environment that is not fully vented.
- Never refuel a rammer compactor unless the engine is stopped and cool. Re-fuelling a hot engine can result in burns or explosions.
- Make certain the work area is clear of debris to prevent tripping or falling onto the machine.
- When operating on a relatively level grade, a rammer compactor will move under its own power with the operator simply directing its travel path. When compacting on a grade that is not level, the operator might have to take steps to ensure his or her safety.
- During uphill compaction, it might be necessary for the operator to pull the machine slightly.
- Avoid operating a rammer compactor on a fully-compacted, hard or non-yielding surface. Running a compactor on these surfaces will inflict costly damage to the unit and could redirect the rammer’s vibratory forces away from the surface to the operator, causing injury.
Safety Equipment suggested:
Protection against high noise levels. Earplugs are suitable for short-term work.
Wear safety footwear for toe protection.
Gauntlets, PVC, cotton or rigger gloves for hand protection.